THere, there are many videos discussing Psychopharmacology. It is better if you go one by one – First to understand the basic concepts, and then Antipsychotic drugs, Antidepressants, Drugs for Anxiety States, and the drugs for Bipolar disorder.
The first 4 videos contain material on
- Introduction to psychopharmacology
- Antipsychotics, and
Psychoses (Thought disorders) include –
- Psychotic disorder to due medical conditions
- Brief or Acute psychotic disorders
- Delusional disorders
In general, in psychoses, there is excess amine transmission (Dopamine, Norepinephrine, 5 HT, glutamate) in the brain.
——————————————————–Mood disorders (Affective disorders) include –
- Depression (Major Depressive Disorders)
- Bipolar disorders
In general, there is LESS amine transmission (Especially Norepinephrine, 5 HT) in the brain in Mood Disorders (Schizophrenia etc…)
(In Mania, there is increased dopamine)
Neuroses are the conditions mostly associated with “Anxiety”. They include –
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Social Anxiety
- Specific Phobias
- Panic disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD
Anxiety states are associated with decreased 5 HT and GABA; and increased Nor-epinephrine.